M: This week, I discovered a terrible Earth disease called ‘loneliness’.
O: Do many people on Earth suffer from this illness?
M: Oh yes, sir. And how they suffer.
i hate when people call their grandparents weird names instead of grandma and grandpa like babooshka or salami
people speak other languages you complete fuckwit
Chris McCarrell, Andy Mientus and Max Quinlan in the Students’ ABC Cafe.
I did go to school for Marine Biology, but the cool thing is… the greatest thing for me is that Polynesians, our gods, Kahoali, Maui, all these water gods, so it’s really cool and a honor to be playing a [water] character. And there’s not too many brown superheroes, so I’m really looking forward to representing the Polynesians, the natives.
My family are some of the greatest water men on earth. I’m not, but I’m going to go train with them. But it’s really an honor just being a Polynesian. And water is the most important thing in this world and we all know it. It’s cool be a part of DC’s universe.
lets do it
- so here’s something that always Gets To Me:
- in ootp, when harry floos grimmauld place to talk to sirius and remus about james’s behavior in “snape’s worst memory,” you’d expect sirius to react the way he does: nostalgic, affectionate.
- but knowing remus i would assume that he’d be a little more critical?? i mean remus is every bit as affectionate and bittersweet about the memory of james as sirius is
- i think that says a lot about how remus looked at james.
- i mean look at what we know happened in remus and james’s friendship: at roughly the age of 12 james found out that his friend was a werewolf and essentially shrugged it off, at the age of 15 james accomplished an extremely dangerous piece of magic and risked his life and safety to help his friend, and when The Prank happens, it’s james who runs to rescue snape — effectively saving remus from whatever punishment he would have faced for harming a human, and from the immeasurable guilt remus would have felt.
- that’s some real shit man
- as far as their actual dynamic goes:
- i think that james was drawn to remus because remus had things that he and sirius totally didn’t have.
- remus is just kind and patient and warm by nature. james can be those things but he has to work toward them; remus just is. and i think that james appreciates that, values those things, and wants remus around.
- james on the other hand is such a forceful bright presence and most importantly to remus, james’s loyalty is absolute and his love is unconditional. those are things that remus does not expect, does not think he deserves, but james gives them so effortlessly. james can’t imagine not being loyal to remus.
- that’s amazing when you’ve never had anything like that before.
- remus also has a good bit more maturity than james, and i think part of james likes that. because james can talk to sirius about Absolutely Anything but sirius can’t necessarily give advice or help so much as he can just say “same man” and bro hug it out.
- remus on the other hand, remus has some wisdom and perspective beyond what a seventeen-year-old kid should have. so i think remus could actually like, give decent advice if james ever asked for it.
- okay unrelated but i have a headcanon that remus was offered the head boy position but turned it down b/c he honestly felt that he couldn’t deal with More Stuff on top of full moons and the prefect stuff he already had and NEWTS. and i think he vouched for james like i think he’d write mcgonagall a very impassioned letter about how good james would be for the position and just. pull for james to get it because he’d know and Get that it’d be good for james, make him grow.
- (nobody ever knew about it but remus did it b/c he knows how good james can be if you get him in the right circumstances and environment)
- remus and james are a true brotp nobody talks about them enough but like. remus n james are important to me.
i need more redeeming qualities my amazing sense of humor isnt getting me anywhere
"Look at you, glowing like a solar fire. You’re something special, Jim. You’re gonna rattle the stars, you are!"
-beeping is a form of encouragement in Deli
-never reveal your number of banjos
- fuck fashion
-always hump your banjo…then call it banjo rolling
-vote Ted off first if mumford ever gets a reality tv show
-dreads are cool
-staying inside moving vehicles is stupid
-do you want, even after 11 pm
-play 6 hour tournaments of risk when your bored
- melting cheese is being a chef (right?)
-banjos are cool
-kesha writes mumford’s music
- being different is rad
there should be an avengers tv show but it should be filmed and executed like parks and rec